Kanye West Cancels Los Angeles Gig After Beyonce/Jay Z Tirade – Report
Kanye West cancelled his Sunday night gig in Los Angeles hours before he was scheduled to hit the stage.
The rapper was billed to perform at The Forum, but sources tell TMZ he is taking a tour break to deal with personal issues. The concert was actually a rescheduled show from earlier this month, when West mysteriously stormed offstage, and the cancellation comes a night after he cut short another gig in California following a tirade against Jay Z and Beyonce. During his Sacramento gig on Saturday, the rapper appeared to suggest Beyonce had refused to perform with him at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, unless she won the Video of the Year honor and beat him and Drake in the process. He told the crowd, “Beyonce, I was hurt ’cause I heard that you said you wouldn’t perform unless you won Video of the Year over me, and over “Hotline Bling.” He went on to say that he still considered Beyonce “great” and he wasn’t trying to diss her. “We are all equal,” he continued, “but sometimes, we be playing the politics too much and forgetting who we are – just to win. F**k winning! F**k looking cool…! F**k all that!” He also told fans he has not heard from Beyonce’s husband – and his former collaborator Jay Z – for a while, and implored the rap mogul to call him. According to multiple reports, West then abruptly ended the gig after performing just four tracks. He also upset fans at his concert in San Jose, California on Thursday night, stating he would have voted for controversial Republican Donald Trump in the U.S. election, if he had elected to vote. Trump enjoyed a shock win at the polls on November 8 to become the president-elect.