Lamar Odom Moved Out Of Intensive Care Unit
Hospitalized sportsman Lamar Odom is no longer fighting for his life after medics moved him out of an intensive care unit (ICU) at a Los Angeles hospital as he continues to make progress in his health recovery.
Khloe Kardashian’s estranged husband has been under doctors’ care since he was found unconscious at the Love Ranch South brothel in Nevada on October 13. The former Los Angeles Lakers basketball player reportedly suffered a drug overdose and multiple strokes, leaving him in a coma for several days.
He was treated at a Las Vegas hospital, where he regained consciousness on October 16, and he was subsequently airlifted to Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was placed in intensive care.
Odom underwent emergency surgery for a reported issue related to a bout of pneumonia last week, but he is finally on the mend and has now been deemed stable enough to be moved out of ICU, according to People.
The 35-year-old is having daily physiotherapy sessions and an insider claims he has since regained some of the motor functions he had been struggling with after his recent strokes. However, he is reportedly still struggling with kidney problems and requires regular dialysis.
“After therapy, he is able to take a few steps with help,” said the source. “He is doing very well and continues to be a fighter. He hasn’t given up once, and this will really help him in the future. He still has a long way to go.”
Kardashian has been by her estranged husband’s side throughout his health emergency and last week, the former couple decided to call off its divorce, two years after initially filing papers. However, the reality TV star insists the move doesn’t mean they are giving their marriage another go.
“I pulled back on the divorce because there is no rush for it,” she told People. “For medical reasons and a ton of other things, it’s just smarter that it’s put on hold. But that does not mean I’m back with Lamar. It’s not even in our brains to think about us having a relationship. Only time will tell.”
Meanwhile, Kardashian has come under fire from her father-in-law, Joe, who claims the reality star is responsible for banning him from visiting his boy.
“I’m mad, I’m upset because this is the second time I came to see my son and they won’t let me see my son,” Joe told TMZ this week. “It’s a lotta [sic] sabotage, things going on, like why can’t I see my son? I brung (brought) him in the world. I’m highly upset right now, this is the second time… they won’t let me see my son like I’m a villain or something man, that’s my son… I’ve tried reaching out to everybody. That’s why I’m here now. It’s p**sing me off.”
Kardashian has yet to respond to the accusations, but reports suggest Lamar himself chose to keep his father away. Joe has a history of substance abuse and has endured a strained relationship with his son over the years.