Tragic Death of 2-Year-Old Boy Saves the Life of 18-Month-Old Girl
News| | By Brian Delpozo
The tragic death of a Tennessee boy has given an 18-month-old girl a shot at a long, healthy life.
William Heard, 2, passed away in December after choking on food. Despite the efforts of his longtime nanny and medical professionals, the boy never regained consciousness.
Speaking of her son, William’s mother Jamie said, “He ran everywhere he went. He was just 100-percent boy, but a side of him was so loving. He knew he was loved by everyone around him. He know God made him.”
Because of their son’s loving nature, the Heard’s made the selfless choice to donate William’s organs.
Meanwhile, 400 miles away from the Heard’s Brentwood, Tennessee home, 18-month-old Ava Martin and her parents in Chicago, were anxiously awaiting a new heart after the child suffered heart failure in August. William’s heart was successfully transplanted into Ava’s body, and the young girl is now home from the hospital.
The girl’s mother Ann Martin told a news crew in Tennessee, “This is something that all the money in the world couldn’t buy us. And we are so thankful for what they’ve given us today.”
Jamie Heard found solace in the fact that her son’s heart was able to save someone else’s life.
“It was such a bright light in the midst of our darkest time.”
The transplant has brought the two families into contact with each other through social media, with the Heards planning to visit the Martins in Chicago as soon as possible. In addition to his heart, William’s kidneys were also donated to someone on the transplant list.