News Website Bosses Apologize for Accusing Kim Kardashian of Lying About Robbery
Kim Kardashian has received an apology from bosses at a news website who accused her of lying about her gunpoint robbery in Paris.
The 35-year-old reality star filed a lawsuit against MediaTakeout.com this week after demanding an apology for articles published on the site about her ordeal at the hands of French thugs earlier this month.
“We can understand how reports questioning if the robbery in fact took place can be hurtful, and so we apologize,” a statement from the outlet’s bosses reads. “No one deserves to go through such a traumatic experience. Kim is not just a celebrity, she is a person, a wife and a mother – who in no way deserved what happened to her.”
It’s not clear if the reality TV star is planning to proceed with her lawsuit against the company.
Kardashian was bound, gagged and locked in the bathroom of her Paris apartment on October 3 as thieves made off with jewelry and electronics.
The shaken star, who is now back home in California, has canceled or postponed a string of commitments as she recovers from the robbery, and filming of her hit TV series Keeping Up With the Kardashians has been put on hold.
Her sister Khloe appeared on Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and opened up about Kardashian’s ordeal in France.
“She’s not doing that well,” Khloe said. “I mean it’s incredibly traumatic what happened to her, but our family is super close and great and we’ll get through it together. We do appreciate all of your guys’ love and support. It will take time. It was horrible what happened to her.”
And she insisted the famous family would be making “a lot of life adjustments” in the wake of the robbery, which many believe was orchestrated after the thieves took note of the jewelry items Kardashian flaunted on social media.
“I think it’s just a wake-up call,” Khloe said. “This is a really serious matter for Kim… I think it’s important to make those adjustments and to pull back a little bit (from social media).”