Trump’s Proposed Budget Cuts for Meals on Wheels Causes Outrage
Apple| | By Steven Lerner
Seniors experiencing a bout of sticker shock after learning that Trumpcare might diminish Medicare recently learned that there might also be Meals on Wheels cuts. Last week, the Trump administration announced that they are slashing $6.2 billion from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. That includes an elimination of $3 billion for the Community Development Block grant program that provides funds for Meals on Wheel. Meals on Wheels spokeswoman Jenny Bertolette told CNN, “It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which they will not be significantly and negatively impacted if the President’s budget were enacted.” According to Meals on Wheels, 1 in 6 seniors struggle with hunger. The annual cost to feed a senior enrolled in the program is $2,765, or roughly the cost of staying in the hospital for just one day. Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s budget chief, said that the funding cuts are occurring because the Community Development Block grant program is “just not showing any results.” The proposed Meals on Wheels Cuts sparked outrage on Twitter with the hashtag #LetThemDie trending as a response. https://twitter.com/PaulMcKinneyLA/status/842445188555460609 over $50,000 received on Thursday. For those looking to make a donation, visit the Meals on Wheels website.
Donald Trump’s 11 ‘Bigliest’ Business Failures
Donald Trump talks a lot about his business experience…but not entirely. That’s probably because a lot of his businesses ended in utter failure. If Trump is going to run the country like ...
click here to read more
Share On Facebook