2-Year-Old Saves Twin Brother Pinned Under Fallen Furniture
This unbelievable video illustrates that bond between 2-year-old twin boys who found themselves in a precarious and dangerous dilemma. On the morning of December 30, twins Brock and Bowdy Shoff were playing in their home in Orem, Utah when they decided to use a dresser as their jungle gym — and they climbed onto it. A home video surveillance camera captured what was about to unfold. Suddenly the dresser toppled over from the weight of them — landing on both boys. Luckily, Bowdy was able to slide out, but his brother Brock was pinned underneath the dresser.
The boys’ parents, Ricky and Kayli Shoff, were unaware of their sons’ playtime antics as they were unusually quiet that morning. They posted the surveillance video to social media with trepidation at first, but decided to use it as a cautionary tale. Their father, Ricky Shoff told CNN, “A lot of parents have probably made the same mistake that we made (they) don’t have their furniture secure or bolted to a wall. Our house is very childproof, we are really cautious about all this stuff — so it never really crossed our minds that something like this could happen.” The YouTube video, posted by their mother Kayli Shoff, received over 541,000 views. Bowdy can be seen carefully surveying the situation in his little 2-year-old mind about the best way to save his brother Brock. He darts around to the other side of the dresser as his brother tries to wriggle his way free. With Herculean strength, he gets under the dresser, but it doesn’t budge. At last, he pushes the dresser off his brother — who rolls out from under it. Their father, who posted the video to Facebook, alluded to a greater force in the room lending a hand besides his son Bowdy. “I’ve been a little hesitant to post this,” he wrote on Facebook. “But I feel it’s not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible. We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share. We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is ok. Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share.” After posting the video, a commenting debate ensued about Schoff’s ethereal beliefs. One person vehemently disagreed, “No, watch the video. Your son was quite alone in getting the dresser off of your other son. Had he not been alone he probably wouldn’t have crawled over it first. Glad your kids are OK, stop poisoning their minds.” While another user added, “Well in the vid (sic) you shared he is. Lucky they have each other!! Brother seems ok after his twin saved him. Him alone. Good job by the twin. Don’t take focus away of what HE did.” Both boys have come out of the ordeal virtually unscathed and have hopefully learned a very important lesson as well.
U.S. Department of the Interior Dominates Instagram With Stunning Photography
If you aren’t following the U.S. Department of the Interior on Instagram, you should immediately! To say that their pictures are breathtaking would be an understatement. Their Instagram conveniently connects ...
click here to read more
Share On Facebook