Forget Pumpkins; Carve Yourself Delicious Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers This Halloween
Sure jack-o-lanterns are nice, but within a few weeks time, those beautiful orange pumpkins are going to be brown piles of mush sitting on your porch. This year, why not try carving up a different veggie that will go in your belly, not on the porch? Thanks to YouTube channel Delish, they offer a quick tutorial on a fun Halloween-themed dinner great for the whole family: Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers. Full directions listed below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off (and reserve) the top of each pepper. Remove and discard the cores and seeds. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a Jack O’Lantern face into each pepper. Drizzle the inside of each pepper with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the peppers upright in a large baking dish along with the pepper tops.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef and sauté until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Turn off the heat and drain the fat.
- Return skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the chili powder. Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken stock, cooked rice and 3/4 cup of cheese. Stir until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Divide rice and beef mixture between the hollowed out peppers. Top with cheese.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock into pan. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted.
4 orange bell peppers
extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. cooked white rice
1 c. chicken stock, divided
1 (15 oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack, divided Want more? How about this delicious Cheesy Italian Chicken Recipe?
The Cutest Halloween Pet Costumes
Dressing up the kids for Halloween is a chore. They want the best, most popular costume that’s almost always sold out of the first five stores you visit. Even dressing up ...
click here to read more
Share On Facebook